CEREC - Crowns in One Day
New technology for creating dental restorations whilst you wait
At the Dental Centre in Bedford, we know that many of our patients live a busy life and prefer to spend as little time with the dentist as possible. Some procedures though, such as dental crowns and veneers, generally need two appointments; one to prepare the teeth and take impressions, followed by a second appointment for fitting after the restoration has been manufactured.
With the CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction) technology available at our Bedford practice, this can now be done in just one visit.
Instead of traditional impressions being sent to a dental laboratory, they are now taken digitally with the information being fed into a computerised milling machine and used to create the restoration from a single block of porcelain. This process takes approximately one hour, during which you are free to relax in our waiting room.
Once the restoration is ready, it can then be fitted in the usual manner by one of our skilled dentists.
As well as this method saving extra dental visits, there is growing evidence that crowns and veneers produced in this manner may be stronger and longer lasting than those produced from impressions and made at a laboratory.
Reasons to choose CEREC
- Just one appointment needed
- No potentially unpleasant impressions needed. A 3D camera is used instead
- Faster with information taken in just a few seconds
- No temporary crowns or veneers are needed
- Metal-free, aesthetically pleasing crowns
- Potentially better conservation of tooth tissue
- As well as crowns and veneers, inlays and onlays can be made using CEREC to replace unsightly large amalgam fillings
For more information, or to make an appointment, please call The Dental Centre Bedford on 01234 819868